"He said to his disciples, "The harvest is great, but the workers are few, So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; Ask him to send more workers into his fields."
Matthew 9:37-38 (NLY)
Prayer & Praise has a new name and format! Each week highlights a specific country, prayer points for the JESUS Film teams faithfully serving there, and a wonderful testimony of how God is working and transforming lives.
We believe in the power of prayer! As a Prayer Partner, you play a vital part in sharing the love and hope of Christ with the lost, lonely, and hurting in more than 139 countries around the world.
Prayer is an essential part of evangelism. The gospel desperately needs harvesters to share the message with those whose hearts are ripe to receive the Good News.
Please note: Prayer updates will now be delivered monthly instead of weekly. We appreciate any feedback you would like to provide on this change.
- For the recent trip taken to South Asia to train JESUS Film team members. Partners like you allow incredible training and Kingdom-building opportunities like this to happen!
January 1 - 7
- Burkina Faso teams request your prayer "every day....so God will lead us through His love on this mission to advance the gospel."
- 35% of the country's 79 people groups remain unreached. Pray for the unreached.
- Located in the Sahel region, Burkina Faso is prone to drought and famine. Pray for relief and rain.
– Habiba, 31-years-old
January 8 - 14
- Christians are growing in number and in influence, but face many challenges--including low literacy levels and lack of biblical knowledge. Pray for success as teams witness with orality tools.
- A District Superintendent shared, "We have seen the enemy attack when we bring the JESUS Film equipment to certain areas...It’s possible to overcome those things with the Lord’s help. We need your prayers."
Juan Carlos' testimony: "I want to thank the Church for remembering people in prison. For so long, there was nothing that kept me hopeful except for thinking of my two daughters and wife. However, I learned my wife was seeing another man. I planned to kill myself, but then a friend invited me to watch the JESUS film. After watching the film, my friend shared a special prayer for God's forgiveness. I prayed it with all my heart. Now I am a child of God and He has forgiven me!"
January 15 -21
- Teams are still sharing the gospel in spite of persecution. Pray for them as they encounter oppression and difficulty.
- 88% of the country's 2,533 people groups remain unreached. Pray for the unreached.
- There is, on average, one trained pastor for every six congregations. Pray for more leaders.
January 22 -31
- Pray for success as teams plant Preaching Points.
- Haiti needs godly leaders who will prioritize the good of the nation and address its massive problems. Pray for godly leaders.