This Is My Story - April 2020
"Jesus spoke...to the crowd in parables.”
Everyone loves a good story - including those who listened to Jesus! The JESUS film allows people to continue to learn from Jesus' stories. God is writing His unique story on the pages of viewers' lives as they listen and watch. To date, more than 16.5 million people have asked Jesus to be the Lord of their lives through this ministry!
Throughout this month, please say a special prayer for your JESUS Film teams as they look for innovative ways to share the gospel amidst the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- For the equipment that is now in the hands of teams in Panama and Senegal, thanks to faithful Harvest Partners from South Dakota and Alabama.
- For the leadership and faithfulness of the JFHP Board of Directors as they recently met together.
April 1 - 7
- Many members of the eight El Salvadorean JESUS Film teams are bi-vocational. They request prayer for strength, wisdom, and protection as they show the film throughout their country.
- Pray for the leaders of the 27 new Preaching Points planted in the last year to have wisdom as they lead their people.
- Teams are working in communities where many struggle with witchcraft and other vices. Pray for teams to reach these lost people.
Guadalupe's testimony: "My uncle began abusing me when I was 14-years-old. My mother did not believe me, so I ran away from home when I was 16-years-old. I was very lonely. When I saw the JESUS film, I felt free! Now I know God loves me and forgives my sins. I happily attend the Preaching Point in my neighborhood."
April 8 - 14
- The 23 Mozambican teams request prayer for those who watch the JESUS film to decide to follow Christ.
- More than 1.6 million people in Mozambique remain unreached by the gospel. Teams ask for prayer for clarity and insight as they decide where to show the film.
- Praise God — teams in Mozambique made an average of 357 evangelistic contacts at each showing last year!
Bizueque's testimony: "I led a very worldly life. I was an alcoholic and sold drugs to young people. Thoughts of God were far from my mind. After watching the JESUS film, I realized Christ died for my sins. I repented and have been forgiven. God completely changed my life!"
April 15 - 21
- 217 languages are spoken in the DRC. The 39 Congolese teams request prayer for God's help as they share the JESUS film with many people groups this year.
- Pray for the teams as they travel many miles to show the film in the second-largest country in Africa.
- More than 41,000 Congolese people made decisions for Christ last year. Pray for these new believers to continue discipleship classes and grow in their faith.
New believer: "When I found out my best friend slept with my husband, I hated her! I plotted to murder her with a knife, carrying it with me everywhere I went. One day, I saw many people gathering for the JESUS film and thought I would find her in the crowd. I watched the movie and realized I was a sinner. Jesus forgave even those who killed Him! I asked Jesus to forgive me and live in my heart and life."
April 22 - 30
- The five Sierra Leone JESUS Film teams request prayer for protection over their lives and the equipment as they share the Good News in many settings.
- Many areas of Sierra Leone struggle to survive, lacking access to clean water and electricity. Pray for these people to discover the eternal hope of Christ.
- Eleven people groups have yet to be reached by the gospel. Pray for the teams to have the wisdom to know where to show the film each month.
Fatu's testimony: “Our family is part of a radical religious group. I share my husband with his two other wives, who also have children. We frequently used evil spirits to put spells on each other. I accepted a friend's invitation to watch the film. Seeing Christ's life greatly transformed my own! I no longer put spells on others."