Praise God for 960 teams in 2022! - JANUARY
I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
960 JESUS Film teams are sharing the gospel in 2022!
- For the blessing of a new year. May we glorify God each day, and may He use us to give many more people the opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ!
January 1 - 7
Teams: 30 | Team members: 121 | Languages: 5
- Praise God for the 37,090 people who made decisions for Christ in the DRC last year! Pray these new believers will boldly share the Good News with others and make Kingdom waves in this tumultuous nation.
- Pray for teams to be strong and rooted in the Holy Spirit as they bear witness to the power of the gospel. Spiritual warfare is prevalent and very real in the DRC, often taking on the forms of tribalism, murder, child abuse, and witchcraft.
Team report: "We were aware of a village overrun by a military group of rebels. Our team leader has a friend there, and they invited us to show the JESUS film to bring peace. We thank God for such amazing evangelism! Through the showing, we were able to win souls for Christ and plant a Preaching Point. Please pray for this new church amidst trouble and insecurity."
January 8 - 14
Teams: 19 | Team members: 63 | Languages: 1
- Cuban teams request prayer as they share the gospel in areas of high crime and with people facing addiction, poverty, dysfunctional families, and idolatry. Pray that many find freedom and peace in Christ this year.
- Political tension has increased in recent months in Cuba. Team #8 said, "prayer is the key that opens all doors. Please pray for us to have a clear gospel vision through this tension and serve Him with joy and passion."
Ana's testimony: "Today I learned the truth. Today I am free from the slavery of idolatry and witchcraft. Today God freed me from ignorance; I forgive myself because I received Jesus as my Savior. I have a new reason to continue living."
January 15 - 21
Teams: 6 | Team members: 18 | Languages: 9
- Pray for teams as they face numerous challenges in ministry, including roads in poor condition, famine, and weariness. Pray for them to feel encouraged, and for more young people to be engaged in serving the Lord.
- Over 11.6 million Guineans are unreached. Pray for the many Guineans living in remote areas to be drawn to the JESUS film and be moved by the gospel in 2022.
Team report: "During the film showing, a big change took place in the life of the villagers. One man said, "I abandoned my wife and indulged in alcohol for eight years. The sermon and movie I watched today have changed me. I make a commitment before God to ask my wife and children for forgiveness for everything I have done to them. I also repent before God for all the time I spent in ignorance doing what I wanted with my life. Tonight I give my life to the Lord and promise to bring my family to Jesus."
January 22 - 31
Teams: 23 | Team members: 72 | Languages: 10
- With over 60 indigenous tribes, each with their own distinct identities and traditions, Côte d’Ivoire is a nation of great diversity. Pray for the gospel to penetrate into every tribe and culture as teams orate Bible stories and show evangelism films.
- Praise God for the 297 Preaching Points planted across Côte d’Ivoire last year! Pray for these to be places where believers can grow in their faith and feel supported by their spiritual family.
"After my father's death following the 2002 war, I was neglected and abandoned by everyone. I was always desperate for something to eat. On the day of the JESUS film showing, I explained my situation to the team. They helped me find food and lodging. I began to attend church, where a brother offered me a job at his clothing store. Since then, my life has changed. I have decided to give my whole life to Jesus. My family in Christ is the best." —Charles, 21 years old