Yesu Kristo nakupenda - June 2020
"But God shows his love for us in that while
we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 5:8 (ESV)
"Kwanza namshukuru Mungu wangu katika Yesu Kristo kwa ajili yenu nyote, kwa kuwa imani yenu inahubiriwa katika dunia nzima.”
Warumi 5:8 (Swahili - 82 million speakers worldwide)
More than 1,500 languages are spoken in Africa! The JESUS film is now available in 1,781 languages, giving many people in Africa and around the world the opportunity to hear Jesus speak in their heart language.
Will you join us in praying as teams share the gospel this month?
- For the 340 JESUS Film teams faithfully and courageously serving throughout Africa — bringing the Good News to some of the most remote, gospel-resistant areas.
- For the creativity of JESUS Film leaders, teams, and partner ministries who are developing tools and strategies to share Christ's salvation story with even more people.
June 1 - 7
- Pray for wisdom and sufficient resources for the nine JESUS Film teams serving in Mali as they often encounter communities facing extreme poverty.
- Mali is ranked 24 on the most dangerous places to follow Christ in the world. Pray for violence to cease and the peace of Christ to reign in people's hearts and lives.
- Praise God for the nearly 20,000 Malians who made decisions for Christ in the last year!
Dakio's testimony: "I was born and raised in a Christian family, however, I turned my back on Christ for a life of vagrancy. I went on adventures in big cities. I lost the knowledge of Christ. He was no longer my Savior. Money was my new savior. One day, I accidentally attended the JESUS film showing in my village. I watched and listened to the film in my own language, Bambara. By God's grace, I returned to Jesus. He released me from my sins and forgave me!"
June 8 - 14
- Many people of Burundi face physical, moral, and spiritual devastation. Pray they are able to find hope and reconciliation as the three JESUS Film teams share the Good News throughout their mountainous country.
- Pray for God to raise up more JESUS Film teams and lay people in the rural areas where refugees are returning after years of displacement and struggle.
"I am a teenager named Jannette. I was stubborn and did not go to church with my family. My parents did not like going with me in public because of my behavior. The JESUS Film team came to my house and shared the gospel through the JESUS film. I accepted Christ as my Savior. Praise God — I am now a changed girl. Jesus saved me!"
June 15 - 21
- Pray the three teams working in Uganda can find opportunities to share the gospel with the 67,000+ youth whose lives have been impacted by the violent and hostile activities of the Lord's Resistance Army.
- Many villages and towns are in need of audio Bibles and other discipleship materials. Teams in Uganda have requested your prayer for God's provision.
- False teachings and the prosperity gospel are multiplying as the church grows. Pray the Holy Spirit will lead believers to the truth.
Uganda team report: "We arrived at our destination village. People came to join us — many of them were children. We thanked God, remembering that Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me.' The three days we were there made a difference in the community. Each day there was at least one person who came forward to receive Jesus in their heart. The gospel seeds have been planted and we know God is going to do something great. Pray with us for those who have received Christ in their hearts, and that the church will be strong in this community."
June 22 - 30
- More than 13.1 million people have yet to be reached by the gospel in Senegal. Pray that the two teams serving there will feel equipped to boldly share their faith and draw others to Christ.
- Praise God — JESUS Film teams in Senegal make an average of 147 evangelistic contacts each month. Pray for God to draw even more people as they show the film.
Senegal team report: “Since we started showing the JESUS film, not only has the Word of God been sown more deeply in people's hearts, but for months I have joyfully seen two groups grow in discipleship. One is a growing group of 30 people. The Lord is doing wonders here! There was a girl who was traumatized by nightmares. Her fear was spreading to others in the village. After our church prayed for her, the villagers thanked us, letting us know she was delivered from this trauma.”