Kuombea Afrika - July 2019
"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions,
and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you."
Luke 10:19 (ESV)
JESUS Film teams are scattered among 54 nations, remembering the Great Commission as they reach the lost.
309 teams serve in Africa alone! Will you pray for them this month as they traverse dangerous rivers, sweltering deserts, and perilous roads — spreading Jesus' name in new communities?
- For the over 52 million people in Africa who have seen the JESUS film, with over 10 million Africans making the decision to follow Christ!
- For the JESUS Film equipment delivered to Benin, Brazil, and Paraguay by Harvest Partners from Kansas, Missouri, and Tennessee.
- For the faithfulness of those who attended the Yakima World Challenge last week.
July 1 - 7
- South Sudan is the world's newest country. Pray the Sudanese teams will build relationships with their people and the message of the One who makes all things new.
- Due to war and oppression from the north, Christ-followers have dispersed across the country, taking their love of God with them. Many now live in areas of great persecution. Pray these believers are strengthened as they share the Good News in their new towns and villages.
South Sudan Team Report: "Sudanese people feel insecure and threatened by many things in their lives. Asha was born and raised in a family who had radical religious beliefs. She feared for her life if she renounced these beliefs. However, she dreamed Jesus called her by name and said, 'You are my child. I have died for your sin.' When the JESUS film was shown in Asha's village, she realized Jesus was the person in her dream! She asked Jesus to forgive her sins and gave her heart and life to Christ."
July 8 - 14
- Praise God — in the last 5 years, teams in Ghana have made more than 12,000 evangelistic contacts. Pray they continue to reach many more people with the hope of Jesus.
- Ghanian teams request your prayer for wisdom to know which locations they should do ministry in next.
- The Good News of Christ is established in the south. As teams travel in the north where radical religious groups flourish, pray that hearts will be opened to the gospel via the JESUS film.
Akooko's testimony: “I used to live in the capital, but moved away because my husband left me for another woman. I was so upset, I put a death curse on him! When the JESUS film was shown in our village, I was very happy because I could understand the film in my language. The third time I saw the film, I realized Jesus forgave sinners and told us to forgive those who sinned against us. I knew I needed to forgive my husband! I asked Jesus to forgive my sins and gave my heart and life to Him. I am no longer upset with my husband."
July 15 - 21
- Pray for the Nigerien teams who show the JESUS film in areas where unrest and war are prevalent.
- 98% of Niger remains unreached by the gospel. Pray for roots to take hold in Nigerien's hearts as they hear the Good News of Christ.
- Pray for God to call more leaders to be trained so fellow Christ-followers can develop support in a society largely resistant to the gospel.
"I am a painter in a village where malice dominates. Brothers killed one another and no one wants to stay here. But since the teams came to share the Good News through the film, peace is starting to come. Hearts have softened, people are converting to Christ, and a lot of things are changing. The grace of God covers this village." — Davagan, 33-years-old
July 22 - 31
- The two Cameroon teams request your prayers for their health and safety as they travel to show the film.
- Over 3.6 million Cameroonians have yet to hear the gospel. Pray for more Preaching Points to be established throughout the country, providing a place for people to hear and understand these vital truths.
Cameroon team #1 report: "When we arrived in the village to show the JESUS film, it was raining. The villagers believed it would not be possible to show the film that night. We gathered in our hosts’ home to pray and sing in preparation to show the film. When it was time to set up the equipment, it miraculously stopped raining! Everyone was amazed the rain stopped in time to show the film. All the villagers watched the film each night it was shown. Many are now attending discipleship classes to learn more about God!"