The Road Less Traveled - August 2021
- For 24 years of ministry this month! Persecution, political challenges, and a global pandemic have not caused JESUS Film teams to falter. Each month, teams help an average of 37,000 precious people make a decision for Christ!
August 1 - 7
- Eighteen teams are serving in Kenya, and face challenges such as lack of funding, broken equipment, and dangerous insects (spiders and scorpions). One team member wrote, "Our prayer is for the Almighty God to guide us. That He will protect us and give us more strength as we do His ministry."
- Praise God for team #13's report: "We are managing to reach the unreached. Many souls are believing in Christ! We recently planted seven churches in different areas." Kenyan teams planted 90 Preaching Points in the last year alone!
Team report: "Kamani suffered from depression after his wife and children left him. Then, he was dismissed from his job because he was an alcoholic. During the altar call, Kamani confessed his sins, repented, and asked God for forgiveness. He accepted Christ as his personal Savior. God still performs miracles today! We thank God for all we experience and see happening through the JESUS film."
August 8 - 14
- Fourteen teams are ministering in Colombia, where many heavily populated cities lack the presence of a church. Pray for the 152 Preaching Points planted last year to grow into mature churches that become a beacon of hope to their neighbors.
- Poverty, unemployment, and drug trafficking-related problems, including fear, continue to overwhelm Colombia’s population. Pray for the spiritual battle to be won in Jesus' name.
- Pray for physical protection for believers who face increasing threats of violence for their commitments to Christ.
Ingrid's testimony: "Four years ago, I made bad decisions which resulted in me being a single mother. I also turned away from God. Today, I thank God for the JESUS Film team ministering to people like me. After reconciling with the Lord, my life is being restored. I have learned to relate to other young women in similar situations and forgive my child's father for abandoning us."
August 15 - 21
- Nepal is facing another surge of COVID-19. Pray for the number of cases to decrease and for medical facilities to not be overwhelmed. Pray for the 26.6 million unreached people of Nepal to discover the hope of Christ and find refuge in Him.
- Praise God for the tools and technology that enable teams to take the gospel to the most remote people and places. Nepal teams are grateful, and report "the included solar panels of the mini and large equipment sets allow us to project the film in areas without electricity."
Team report: "We shared the gospel in a village and sang hymns. A group from a neighboring village also participated. Samai asked us to share the meaning of the songs. We had the opportunity to share the Good News, and then Samai asked Jesus to forgive his sins! He and his entire family have been attending the Preaching Point begun in this village!"
August 22 - 31
- Over 34 million Ethiopians have yet to be reached with the Good News. The 31 teams serving there request prayer for peace, safety, and God's protection as they minister in difficult and remote places.
- Ethiopia ranks 36th among the countries where it's most dangerous to follow Jesus. In spite of this risk, JESUS Film teams consistently send in reports of new believers boldly choosing to share their faith with others. Praise God for their commitment to the Great Commission, and pray for believers to continue to be courageous. .
Team report: "The two taxi drivers who came to the Lord last month invited four other drivers to watch the JESUS film. This group is now being discipled. We praise God for new believers who are already sharing their faith with others!"