Beautiful Feet - September 2022
September 1 - 7
Over 360 million Christians live in places where they experience high levels of persecution.
- Pray for the JESUS Film teams working in countries that are unsafe even to name. Pray that God gives them the right words to say and that their actions are noticed by those who persecute them.
- JESUS Film teams are working in 18 of the most dangerous countries to follow and share Christ. Praise God for the 284,190 people who made decisions for Christ in these countries in the last year alone!
Tin's testimony: "My family has rejected me because I am a new believer in Jesus Christ. I accept Him deep in my life. I believe Jesus is the true son of God who can forgive my sins. I was invited to attend Bible School in a church. I am learning many good Bible lessons. I do not regret following Jesus."
September 8 - 14
Teams: 13 | Team members: 26 | Languages: 1
- More than 226 million Pakistanis have yet to be reached with the gospel. Teams request prayer for God to open doors to new areas and for many hearts to be open to the gospel.
- Pakistan is eighth on the list of countries where it's most dangerous to follow Jesus Christ. Pray for believers who are accused of blasphemy, that they would be kept safe and delivered from false accusations. Pray for the entire Christian community of Pakistan, that they would be encouraged and kept from exhaustion and despair.
"My husband died of tuberculosis when I was pregnant. When our baby was born, the disease transferred to my son. I was very upset because of this. One day, a pastor visited me and invited me to watch the JESUS film. In the movie, I watched the miracles of God. When Jesus gave life to the dead boy of a widow, I really had hope. At that moment, I prayed to God, saying, if you can raise the dead son of this widow, you will also heal my son. After that, I continuously prayed for him by faith. After a month, I went to the hospital with my son. Doctors ran many tests and were shocked that tuberculosis was no longer in my son’s body. I am very thankful to God. I also thank the JESUS Film team and the Church." –Shazia, 37 years old
September 15 - 21
One in seven Christians worldwide experience high levels of persecution.
- Pray for the Christians who lose their families when they convert to following the Lord. Pray for these believers to experience God's powerful comfort and compassion in trying times. May they have opportunities to gather and connect with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Recent anti-conversion laws have made following Jesus even more difficult in many nations. Ask God to cause these laws to be repealed. Pray that He softens the hearts of government leaders so they extend an open hand to persecuted Christians.
Team report: "Brother Shibu helped us to conduct a film showing in his village, where the people are marginalized by society. Thirty-four people attentively watched our film, but suddenly a villager yelled at us and used bad language, demanding we stop the film. He was so furious that he wanted to break our equipment. We learned he is a local leader of the community. We were able to calm him down after some time. He even sat and watched the film. We preached in the village from the Holy Bible. I taught them hymns and prayers. We praise God for helping us form a Preaching Point here!"
September 22 - 30
Teams: 12 | Team members: 36 | Languages: 3
- Pray that JESUS Film teams and new believers in Nepal will have the wisdom to know how to share their faith safely, and the boldness to continue sharing the gospel.
- Pray for grace and perseverance for believers, and that Christians may be accepted and appreciated for their contribution to the country’s well-being.
- Pray that Christians from a Hindu background will know the reality of their global family in Christ and will sense Christians around the world praying with them.
Team report: "Anyone in Amrita’s village would reject her when they learned she was a Christian, including her own family. She received much hate and persecution. She began to doubt God’s existence, and stopped coming to church and following Him three years ago. One day, our team was visiting Amrita’s village. We encountered Amrita and shared the love of God with her and her family. They were willing to watch the JESUS film, which we showed them on our phones. We preached the gospel and they realized their sins. All six members of Amrita's family accepted Christ and are regularly attending church!"