God is moving in South America! - October 2021
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
JESUS Film teams give people the opportunity to know Jesus
- For how He is using JESUS Film teams and the Church to make His name known in South America and around the world. Marleni, a single mother in Peru recently testified, "I am deeply grateful that the church gave us the opportunity to know Jesus." To date, more than 17.5 million precious people like Marleni have made decisions for Christ through JESUS Film Harvest Partners!
October 1 - 7
- Pray for the 15 teams serving in diverse physical, cultural, and social areas of Chile to effectively communicate the Good News to those who have yet to hear.
- Praise: In the last year, 164 Preaching Points were planted in Chile! Pray believers attending these church plants will experience incredible growth in their faith.
- One out of seven women in Chile is a mother by the age of 14. Pray for Chile teams and the church to reach these young women and their families with the power and hope of the gospel.
Team report: "We thank God for healing the eight members of the Lazcano family, who were very ill with COVID-19. We communicated with them throughout the 20 days they were quarantined in their home. They said, 'even though we have been sick, we feel the Holy Spirit is with us. Learning about Christ made us understand ourselves better, reflect on our lives, and recommit our relationship with Jesus. Since accepting Christ, we are better prepared to face the highs and lows of life.'"
October 8 - 14
- The three teams serving in Uruguay request prayer as they travel across "coastal cities and a large, rural area." Pray for them as they minister to "a vulnerable population with many immigrants."
- Uruguay is considered the most secular nation in Latin America. Pray for spiritual openness, more opportunities to share Christ, and the truth of the gospel to penetrate the darkness of this country.
- In the last year, 469 Uruguayans have made decisions for Christ. Praise God for the transformation of hearts and lives!
Team report: 21-year-old Elijah was invited to participate in our Zoom Bible study. He came with a great need for his family's restoration. He received Jesus as his Savior during our meeting! His family now attends church, and they continue to be discipled each week by Zoom.
October 15 - 21
- The trafficking of young girls, high rates of teen pregnancies and subsequent abortions, and homosexuality hold Peru captive to spiritual darkness. Pray for the 18 teams serving in Peru and fellow Christians to boldly oppose sin and injustice while also ministering to the poor and oppressed.
- Peru needs pastors rich in solid biblical theology to mentor the next generation of leaders and help dissipate long-standing superstitions of tribes. Pray for God to provide spiritually mature mentors and leaders for the 18 Preaching Points planted in Peru each month.
Arturo's testimony: "One wonderful thing we've been able to experience during this pandemic is God's love. A friend visited and showed us the JESUS film. That night, I realized God could help us, even in the pandemic. I gave my life to the Lord and from that moment, I feel very special. I know God is with me. God bless you!"
October 22 - 31
- Twenty-two JESUS Film teams are serving in Brazil. They shared their prayer request for additional training and effective discipleship: "There is a great difficulty to disciple people because the city is so idolatrous. With God's grace, we are intensifying discipleship, even in the midst of the pandemic."
- Brazil ranks third in the most COVID-19 cases in the world. Pray for the number of cases to decrease and for medical facilities to not be overwhelmed. Pray for the loved ones of the 587,000 victims of the virus to find strength and peace in Christ.
Carlos' testimony: "I heard of Jesus when I was a child, but over the years I moved away from the church and the ways of the Lord. As an adult, I've been fighting depression and anxiety. Through the invitation of a friend and JESUS Film team member, I began to follow the church's live stream on Facebook. I have been greatly encouraged by these teachings. I feel blessed as God has forgiven my sins and I now live close to Him!"