🙏Will you pray with us this December?🎄
John 1:14a (ESV)
December 1 - 7
Teams: 25 | Team members: 126 | Languages: 1
- Teams request prayer for "God’s guidance – to encounter more people passionate about the salvation of souls." Pray for “protection from all natural disasters as well as the hands of those who want to bring harm.”
- Many Nicaraguans struggle with alcoholism, drug addiction, food insecurity, and other spiritual and physical needs. Pray for the church to be able to provide holistic care and for a righteous government that seeks the good of its impoverished people.
"I always heard about the gospel but didn't want to take the Christian life seriously. Despite my poor health condition, I wanted nothing to do with God. However, one day, I listened to the teachings that my daughter received about Jesus. I started accompanying her to church. After some time, God touched my heart and I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. I understood God has a purpose for me. I am learning more about Him daily. I want my mind, heart, and whole being to be transformed." —Jenny, 50 years old
December 8 - 14
Teams: 7 | Team members: 51 | Languages: 3
- Malawi teams are working in areas dominated by centuries of ancestry worship and radical religions. Pray for the light of Christ to liberate those held captive by witchcraft and Islam.
- Over 65% of Malawi's population is under the age of 24. Pray for teams to make powerful connections with youth and that God raises up a generation that is hungry and thirsty after God’s Word and his mission.
Team report: "We were privileged to have the village chief watch the JESUS film on the first night. He was the first person to admit that he was a sinner afterward. He confessed to receiving bribes from villagers and repented. He even invited us to lunch at his home the next day. Many other viewers testified they have new lives after receiving Christ into their lives. Nineteen people have joined the new church in this village!"
December 15 - 21
Teams: 15 | Team members: 105 | Languages: 1
- Teams are working in communities where gangs, drugs, and alcohol cause many problems and divisions in families. Pray for abundant opportunities for teams to creatively share God’s love with those in difficult situations, so many discover Christ's transformational power.
- Praise God: in the last year alone, Chilean teams planted 165 Preaching Points! Pray the believers attending these church plants will make great strides in their faith and be an encouragement to others in their community.
New believer: "I didn't think it was true or possible that God continued to love me in spite of everything. I saw a group of young people in the square and just wanted to listen for a moment, but what I heard changed everything. Now I know that God pursued me. I have had much pain in my many years, but I understand how foolish and empty my youth was without Him in my life. I have begun attending church, including Sunday school classes, and my heart is filled with joy. I know my Lord is guiding me on this journey."
December 22 - 31
Teams: 10 | Team members: 48 | Languages: 9
- Nigeria ranks seventh among the countries where it is most dangerous to follow Jesus. Pray that God would grant Christ-followers the courage to share their faith with others. Pray that families of believers will stay strong and united physically, emotionally, and spiritually in spite of the evil at work in Nigeria.
- Praise God for the over 2,000 new believers in Nigeria in the last year — Christianity has taken root and Nigerians are seeing God's goodness amidst the confusion and hatred in their country! Pray the lost, lonely, and hurting will see the peace, love, and joy in God's people and be attracted to it.
Etangsema's testimony: "I am a taxi driver, and last Sunday a woman left her handbag in my car. Inside it was a Bible and thousands of dollars. I planned to keep it for myself until I watched the JESUS film tonight. I heard Jesus say "do to others what you desire they would do to you." I was touched and realized Jesus' words were for me. I wept uncontrollably and decided to live my life for Christ from now on. I will return the handbag and money to the woman."