Greater Than - January 2021
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible,
but with God all things are possible.”
God is greater than all our sins and burdens!
- For the 36,944 new decisions for Christ JESUS Film teams reported last month. Over 17.1 million decisions for Christ have been reported to date! Each of these precious people has a name and a story. This month, we are thrilled to share the redemptive stories of a former adulterer, grieving mother, burdened criminal, and depressed woman.
- For the blessing of a new year with more opportunities to reach the lost with the Good News!
January 1 - 7
- The five Liberian teams plan to show the JESUS film a total of 139 times this year. Pray God blesses each and every one of these showings!
- Liberia teams share the gospel in nine languages! Praise God for JFHP's ministry partners who have generously provided orality tools in many people's heart language.
- Teams report facing challenges with limited transportation. Pray that God provides means for them to spread the good news even more efficiently.
Amos' testimony: "I haven’t attended church for many years. I enjoyed drinking alcohol and pursuing women, even though I am married with two children. Yesterday, a friend and some strangers came over and invited me to the JESUS film showing. I was not listening to them – only thinking of the woman that came with them. I planned to attend the showing to see her again. When I came, my whole attention was on the movie. I saw Jesus teaching and healing. When He said He came to seek and save the lost, I was shocked. I realized I was a sinner. During the altar call, I was moved to respond. The Lord has saved me!"
January 8 - 14
- Pray as Haitian teams plan to train over a dozen new leaders to strengthen the ministry.
- Pray for God's justice, righteousness, and stability to spread across the island of Haiti.
- Teams are adapting their evangelism strategies due to the coronavirus. Pray the house showings and small group gospel presentations make a large eternal impact.
"I am a mother of 12. My husband was a proud worshiper of the devil. After he passed away, I continued worshipping the devil. As a result, 10 of my children passed away. I was deeply broken by this. After watching the JESUS film, I realized there is no good found in Satan. My two children and I have given our life to Jesus. Now we are living in peace."
January 15 - 21
- Niger teams planted 116 Preaching Points in the last year alone. They shared, "We are confident the Lord is doing wonders for the growth of the Kingdom." Please join them in praying for growth!
- Terrorism is a considerable, constant threat in Niger. Pray for God's peace to fall upon the nation.
- Pray the seven teams serving here can share the gospel with many of the 23.6 million unreached Nigerien.
“Koutche had a burdened conscience. For a long time, he robbed many people throughout the region. When Christ said his last words on the cross, Koutche was moved to tears. He gave his life to the Lord, and then redistributed all the stolen goods to people. Everyone throughout the region was happy to know that Brother Koutche gave his life to Christ.”
January 22 - 31
- Mexico has some of the largest numbers of COVID-19 deaths in the world. Pray for a vaccine to be widely available soon. Pray also for those grieving to find comfort and hope in Christ.
- The 45 JESUS Film teams in Mexico are creatively sharing the gospel using Zoom and social media. Pray these digital tools help them make powerful connections and lead to more open doors for the Kingdom.
Celina's testimony: "In this pandemic, there was a moment when I stopped wanting to get out of bed. I thought I couldn't go on and experienced very strong depression. I felt like I was dying and I believed I no longer had a future. A friend invited me to meet by Zoom, where the JESUS Film team shared God's Word each week at 7:00 p.m. Joining these meetings was the best thing I have ever done. I found Jesus as my Savior. I feel joyful and know I have a purpose as a daughter of God. Although we continue in quarantine, I am happy, because walls cannot stop us from fellowshipping and praying together."