Who is like our God? - August 2019
"Who is like the Lord our God, the One who sits enthroned on high?”
Adonai. El Roi (The God Who Sees). El Shaddai (God Almighty).
El Elyon (God Most High). Abba. Father. Yahweh.
Our mighty God sees and loves His children. These unique names and traits set Him apart from all gods, goddesses, and religious groups. The 773 JESUS Film teams are helping people in 54 countries discover Him!
In the last month alone, teams introduced over 226,000 people to God through the JESUS film. Nearly 50,000 precious people made a decision to follow Christ! Will you join us in praying for the Good News to multiply this month?
- For the equipment now in the hands of teams in Benin, Brazil, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea Conakry, Niger, Nigeria, and Zimbabwe, thanks to faithful Harvest Partners from Missouri, Kansas, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington.
August 1 - 7
- The Togolese JESUS Film teams request your prayer for their health and safety as they travel, sharing the gospel with 56 people groups. Seven of these groups remain unreached.
- Idolatry and secret societies still flourish in Togo. Pray the JESUS Film teams will make a difference in these areas for Christ.
- Over half the population is under age 19. Pray the teams will reach these children while they search for purpose in their lives.
Fayami's testimony: “I was a waitress in a bar. To survive, I stole from the customers and sold my body. I was caught stealing and lost my job. I had no food to eat and was continually sick. When the JESUS film was shown in my village, I saw the sacrifice Christ made on the cross for my sins. Because I did not die, I realized God wanted me to live. I knew He was the answer to my problems. Jesus forgave my sins and completely changed my life! Now I am happy as I live my life for God. I am very grateful for all He has done for me.”
August 8 - 14
- Thirty-eight teams in Guatemala share the film with many who worship idols. Pray they can clearly convey the powerful message of the One True God.
- Teams are often separated from their families while traveling to show the film. Pray the teams are strengthened and their families are comforted by God's love.
- Guatemala has been plagued with violence for several decades. Pray God's peace will penetrate people's hearts and lives.
Arnoldo's testimony: “My wife and I had serious marital troubles and could not find a solution to our problems. I decided the only answer was to take poison and kill myself. It was at that time the JESUS film was shown in our town. I realized Jesus was the answer to my family's problems. Jesus forgave my sins and cleansed my heart! My wife and I now live our lives together for God.”
August 15 - 21
- Pray for God’s wisdom and strength to rest upon the Nigerian teams as they share Christ through the JESUS film.
- More than 89% of Nigeria remains unreached by the gospel. Pray for the light and hope of God's Word to shine brightly through the JESUS Film team serving there.
- Pray for the teams to be strong in their follow-up discipleship, so those who make a decision to follow Christ will grow in their faith and be a witness to others.
Sadiq's testimony: “I was a very bad person and was disliked by many. Even my friends and family didn't want to associate with me. I was blinded by my sin — drinking, smoking, and doing other evil things. When I saw the JESUS film, God found me and rescued me from my sins! He forgave me and made me a child of God! I want to share this Good News of Christ with others.”
August 22 - 31
- Eleven Kenyan JESUS Film teams request your prayer for God’s wisdom, strength, health, and safety as they evangelize in their vast country.
- Pray for Kenyan believers to become grounded in their faith as they attend follow-up discipleship classes to become leaders and people of peace in their villages.
- Nairobi is a hub for evangelistic ministry across East Africa. Pray for teams to partner with fellow believers to make inroads as they reach the many who still have not heard the gospel in this region.
Kenya team #11 report: "Everyone in Nyasego's village was surprised to see her at the film showing. All the women in her village hated her because she lured husbands away from their wives, selling her body to them. Some were convinced she was only at the showing to lure one of our team members. However, at the end of the film, Nyasego came forward to ask forgiveness for her sins. Her life has completely changed. She is now a child of God!"