Jesús te ama - September 2020
"But God shows his love for us in that while
we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 5:8 (ESV)
"Mas Cristo morreu por nós quando éramos pecadores.
Assim Deus mostrou o grande amor que tem por nós.”
Romanos 5:8 (Portuguese - 250 million speakers worldwide)
"We are venturing to new, rural areas...
The need for the hope of salvation is great...
The Kingdom of God is expanding."
JESUS Film leaders throughout South America shared these encouraging and inspiring words when discussing their plans to share the gospel in their countries this year. Will you join us in lifting up these teams this month as they proclaim His name?
- For the 125 JESUS Film teams faithfully and courageously serving in ten countries throughout South America.
- For reaching more lost people! Last year, each team in South America showed the film an average of nearly three times a month, making an average of 92 evangelistic contacts per month.
September 1 - 7
- The 16 JESUS Film teams serving in Peru request prayer for the Lord to break through closed hearts and minds, especially in areas where people follow a legalistic gospel.
- Pray for a return to peace and stability after decades of corruption, dictatorships, and terror.
- Pray for pastors and church leaders to facilitate the growth of new believers.
“My father drinks a lot and hits my mom. Recently, a friend invited me to see the JESUS film at his church. After the film, the team shared how Jesus is the only one who can help us. I decided to give my life to Christ. I feel happy and will share the love of God with my parents." —Cliber, 12-years-old
September 8 - 14
- Each day, many Bolivians live with poverty and the resulting social issues. Pray the six teams ministering here can bring hope through the JESUS film and the love of Christ.
- Bolivian teams request prayer for God to strengthen and sustain them as they seek to build His Kingdom.
Bolivia team report: “Sister Julia attended church alone for several years. Her non-Christian husband demanded she be home by noon every Sunday to serve him food. If she did not arrive on time, he threatened her. One Sunday she grew tired of his demands and stayed all day at church. That very day, God touched her husband’s heart — he became a Christ-follower! Now the community gathers regularly at their home for Bible study.”
September 15 - 21
- Colombia is ranked number 47 among the countries where it's most dangerous to follow Christ. Pray for spiritual and physical protection for believers who face the threat of violence for their faith.
- The seven teams serving in Colombia request prayer for their protection and health so they can persevere in their calling with passion and effectiveness.
- Pray for Colombia's government to be peaceful, stable, and fair.
Colombia team report: "14-year-old Karen had severe depression. Our team has visited her home the last four weeks and she has improved a lot. Karen said God is taking away her deep sadness and giving her a desire to live. She now understands what Christ did for her on the cross and the victory she has through His resurrection."
September 22 - 30
- The eight JESUS Film teams in Paraguay request prayer for God to give them the passion to preach and plant churches, even in areas where access is very difficult.
- Pray for teams in Paraguay as they minister to young people in schools. Their hope is to build relationships with the families of students and plant Preaching Points in their homes.
Victor's testimony: "During a soccer game, the pastor explained the colors of salvation. I realized my great need for Christ. I accepted Him as my Savior, and want to work for God."