Overcomers - January 2020
"Take heart! I have overcome the world.”
A.W. Tozer said, "I’m not afraid of the devil.
He can’t handle the One to whom I’m joined."
People from many tribes, tongues, and nations are overcoming trials and sin by giving their hearts to God after watching the JESUS film. In the last 22 years, JESUS Film teams have helped over 16.5 million people abandon their burdens by following Christ!
- For the blessing of a new year, and the opportunity to change more lives for eternity in 2020!
- For the equipment that is now in the hands of teams in Cuba, thanks to faithful Harvest Partners from California, Oregon, Virginia, and Washington
January 1 - 7
- The 5 Malawian JESUS Film teams request prayer as they make plans for the villages they will show the film this year.
- Malawi enjoys peace and stability not found in neighboring countries. Pray the teams will have much success in sharing Christ in this peaceful environment.
- Over 50% of Malawians live in poverty, creating many barriers in sharing the gospel. Pray the church will be able to help meet the physical needs of the people so the JESUS Film teams can meet their spiritual needs.
Malawi Team #2 report: "We stayed in a village for three days, showing the JESUS film and preaching the Good News. Many people, including 47-year-old Eliza, heard and saw God’s Word. Eliza has been divorced five times due to her unfaithfulness. God miraculously saved her and changed her life through the film. She has now joined the Preaching Point. Her father, the chief of the village, has provided land to build a church!"
January 8 - 14
- The 8 Nicaraguan JESUS Film teams request prayer for their safety in these times of insecurity.
- In the last year, Nicaraguan teams have discipled many more people than those who come to Christ after JESUS film showings. New believers are sharing their faith — praise God!
- Recent natural disasters, including volcano eruptions, earthquakes, and hurricanes, have brought many to God. Pray for teams to use these difficult times to share the hope of the gospel with Nicaraguans.
Altamirano's testimony: "When I was a child, my parents took me to church with them. As a teenager, my friends were a bad influence on me. I enjoyed the many vices available in my town. I had three children with a woman. I watched the JESUS film when it was shown in our neighborhood. Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross prompted me to ask Him to forgive my sins. I gave my heart and life to Him. With God’s help, I will be a better husband and father. My family now attends church together."
January 15 - 21
- The 2 Sudanese JESUS Film teams request prayer as they witness to people from the many religions of South Sudan.
- Persecution has caused Christ-followers to spread throughout the country, sharing the gospel where they have resettled. Pray for these believers to stay strong in their faith and be a witness to those around them.
- Many churches and villages have been rebuilt several times, after being destroyed by Northern Sudan. Pray for the division between these two countries to be solved as Southern Sudanese Christ-followers witness to their perpetrators.
Malual's testimony: "I never thought I would leave my parents’ gods, as they protected me from danger. Jesus was my ‘enemy’, so I did not talk about Him or attend church. One day, I watched the JESUS film for entertainment. My conscience told me my parents’ gods were not the true God. I realized following Jesus would give me the peace I had always searched for. The JESUS Film team told me to return the next day to learn more about God. After the first discipleship lesson, I gave my heart to God and have experienced peace for the first time!"
January 22 - 31
- The 26 Venezuelan JESUS Film teams request prayer for the youth who watch the film to give their hearts to God and live as witnesses for Christ
- Venezuela remains divided politically and socially. Pray for Venezuelans who struggle to meet their family’s needs amidst this turbulence.
- Pray for Venezuelan Christians to be strengthened in unity and in the truth of God's Word.
Inyira's testimony: "I was battered and abused as a child, making me angry, bitter, and lowering my self-esteem. I thought no one cared for me. Watching the JESUS film changed my life! I asked Jesus into my heart. Now I know Jesus loves me and cares for me. I am now ministering with compassion in my church, helping to feed those in need to give them hope for their future!"