Upside Down - September 2021
JESUS Film teams help people see a different way to live!
- For Neneh, Gnongbe, Aicha, and the Quiñonez family who recently found freedom and hope in declaring Christ as Lord! Incredibly, they are 12 of the 37,170 people who came to Christ last month. We praise God for each and every person who makes a decision for Christ, and their unique and beautiful testimonies!
September 1 - 7
- The majority of Sierra Leoneans are oral learners. Pray that JESUS Film teams can connect them with powerful gospel truths by using resources like the EvangeCube and Bible Story Cloth.
- A mere 13% of the population identifies as Christ-followers. The five teams serving here request prayer for God's grace, guidance, and protection, and for Him to touch hearts everywhere they go.
- Praise God for the 8,892 Sierra Leoneans who made decisions for Christ last year!
Neneh's testimony: "I was on my way to the market when I saw a film being shown. I thought it would be a good way to pass the time. When I realized they were talking about Jesus, I wanted to leave, because my family follows a different religion. Despite this feeling, I stayed for a few minutes. As I stood there, the message began to make sense, and I watched to the end. Because of financial reasons, I’ve been involved in prostitution for several years. I was convicted of my sin and realized Jesus died for me to be set free. I joined the many that gave their lives to Christ that night. This is a major turning point in my life. I am sharing my testimony with other prostitutes and even my family."
September 8 - 14
- Thirty-five percent of Ecuadorians live in poverty. Pray the 12 teams serving there can find resources and share solutions for people's physical and spiritual needs as they minister in urban, rural, mountainous, coastal, and jungle settings.
- Teams request prayer for sound doctrine in Ecuadorian churches. Pray for spiritual maturity, a decrease in false teaching, and a church that embraces a heart for the less evangelized.
Team report: "For three Sundays, our team visited the Quiñonez family, communicating the Good News of Christ. God touched their hearts and each of the nine family members accepted Christ as their personal Savior. They are already going to church and have expressed the desire to serve in the JESUS Film ministry. It is such a joy when entire families receive the gospel of Christ."
September 15 - 21
- Togo teams face many challenges in ministry, including opposition from witch doctors, difficult roads, and heavy rains. The 24 teams serving there request prayer for health, strength, determination, and for more team members to join their mission to reach the lost.
- Togo teams also need better transportation to reach more remote areas. Pray for God to provide funds for motorbikes.
- Pray for an end to the evils of rampant child trafficking, prostitution, and exploitation of the poor in Togo.
"I used to believe I could be successful in life by serving a voodoo fetish as well as God. I never found the time or strength to give up the fetish. By watching the JESUS film and praying to God, I realized I was in danger of losing my hope for the future. Jesus is now my Liberator, Master, and Savior. I am ready for a changed life." —Gnongbe, 29 years old
September 22 - 30
- Over 18.9 million Malians have yet to be reached with the Good News. Pray the ten teams serving there are empowered to boldly proclaim the gospel. May an influx of people come to the Kingdom this year!
- There have been many recent terrorist attacks on Malian villages, with over 50 civilians massacred. Pray for an end to this violence and for God's peace to transform, taking root in hearts and lives across the country.
- Praise God for the 253 new Preaching Points in Mali in the last year alone. Pray these church plants become a beacon of hope to their communities.
Aicha's testimony: "My entire family follows a radical religion. When I got sick, my parents tried everything to help me get better, but nothing worked. I watched the JESUS film and saw the Lord heal many sick and demon-possessed people. I realized Jesus is my true liberator. After the film, the pastor prayed for me. I gave my life to Jesus and found peace and eternal life."