Power in the Name of Jesus - December 2020
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.No one comes to the Father except through me.”
John 14:6 (ESV)
Messiah. Redeemer. Bread of Life. Light of the World.
The name of Jesus is the most powerful name there is! JESUS Film teams are spending this Advent season proclaiming His mighty name – spreading the Good News in more than 57 countries. Please join us in praying that many more will come to know Christ as their Savior this month! Please join us in praying that many more will come to know Christ as their Savior this month!
- For all He has done in 2020 – more than 500,000 people have made decisions for Christ this year alone!
- For the continued prayers and faithful financial support from Harvest Partners, even throughout the global pandemic.
December 1 - 7
- Teams in Zambia request prayer for the Lord's guidance and success as they seek permits to show the film.
- 15 JESUS Film teams serve in Zambia. Pray for protection for their lives and for the equipment as they often face spiritual attacks.
- Pray for ongoing commitment by Zambians to see their nation flourish as a Christian one which honors the Lord.
"Watching the JESUS film was a turning point for me. I never realized Jesus spoke in my language, Kaonde. I surrendered my life to God and want to learn more about His Word. On the second and third nights of the showing, I brought my younger sister with me so she could also discover Christ. I want to help many people go to heaven." —Grace, 15-years-old
December 8 - 14
- Uruguay has some of Latin America's highest rates of suicide and depression. Pray the three Uruguay JESUS Film teams can reach these hurting people with the abundant life and comfort found in the gospel.
- Teams in Uruguay request prayer for God to provide more leaders who feel called to plant churches.
- Pray for the many abandoned Uruguayan children to find hope and love in their heavenly Father.
Uruguay team report: "We shared the film in the intensive care unit of a hospital using a tablet. Martin and his wife accepted the Lord and asked for prayer for their newborn baby with serious health problems. God answered their request! In gratitude, they opened their home as a Preaching Point."
December 15 - 21
- The 28 teams serving in Togo request prayer for the Kingdom to rapidly advance in West Africa.
- Child trafficking and prostitution are rampant in Togo. Pray for teams to reach the lost, lonely, and vulnerable with the gospel.
- More than 26,300 Togolese have made decisions for Christ in the last year. Praise God!
“I was the leader of a group that was engaged in drugs and sexual immorality. in clubs. When I came to the JESUS film showing, it was for the sole purpose of recruiting others. When I watched the movie and listened to the preaching, it was as if the words were directly for me. I stepped back from my plans and reflected on my lifestyle. I heard a voice asking me to repent and come to Jesus. I committed myself to Jesus and know He forgives and accepts me!” –Briga, 42-years-old
December 22 - 31
- Teams request prayer for God to provide additional passionate and committed church planters to increase the spiritual harvest.
- Many areas where teams work in the Dominican Republic have large populations of oral learners. Pray the 18 teams serving here can find creative ways to connect and share the Good News with these people.
Margaret's testimony: "My life without Christ was not easy. The JESUS Film team came to my house and told me about God who forgives and Jesus who saves. They demonstrated the sacrifice that Christ made for me through the EvangeCube, and I accepted Him. I now have hope for eternal life. I thank the Lord for rescuing me on time."